TELUS Health eClaims Provider Portal
Streamlining paperless claim submissions for insurers with faster payments, greater accuracy, and increased plan member satisfaction.
The process for submitting claims can often be long and tedious, with plan members and healthcare professionals expressing frustration over delayed reimbursement and the resulting out-of-pocket expenses.
An online portal for point-of-service claims processing
Designed to facilitate access to extended healthcare for all Canadians, TELUS Health’s eClaims solution allows healthcare providers to submit claims on behalf of patients immediately after the healthcare service has been provided.
With the eClaims Provider Portal, TELUS Health offers a secure system that directly links plan members and insurers to streamline point-of-service claims processing, for faster payments to providers and increased accuracy.
A unique multi-insurer platform to optimize reach to extended care providers
Already used by over 20,000 extended healthcare providers and counting, the interactive web-based service optimizes the accuracy and efficiency of the claim submission process, resulting in increased productivity for insurers, plan members and healthcare providers. As the leading service provider to Canadian health insurers for more than a decade, TELUS Health has set the standard for eClaims with the only multi-insurer platform on the market today.
Currently available across Canada to physiotherapists, chiropractors and vision-care providers, as well as to acupuncturists, massage therapists and naturopathic doctors in provinces where these professions are regulated, the TELUS Health eClaims Portal will soon be available to other specialized care providers.
Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Desjardins Insurance, Great-West Life, Industrial Alliance, Johnson Inc., Maximum Benefit or Johnston Group, Standard Life Assurance Company of Canada and Sun Life Financial have already chosen and are promoting the TELUS Health eClaims Portal.
How it works
The TELUS Health eClaims Portal uses a centralized login for the electronic submission of claims. Depending on the insurer, patients can receive, at the point of service, a confirmation in real-time of their coverage and the amount they must pay. The healthcare provider can then determine whether to receive the payment directly, or have it made to the patient.
Key features include:
- Online registration of healthcare providers through the TELUS Health website
- Inquiry tools to view past transactions
- Claim payment assigned to either healthcare professional or the patient *
- Support for insurer direct deposit in cases where payment is assigned to healthcare provider *
- Dynamic configuration of transactions, including by healthcare profession, transaction type or policy type
- User guides, help tips, forms and other related documents available online
- Compliant with strict security and privacy guidelines at both the provincial and federal levels
- Developed in compliance with Canada Health Infoway’s HL/7 messaging standards
*Depending on the insurer.
- Increased plan member satisfaction due to faster payments and fewer out-of-pocket expenses
- Reduced operating costs due to less administrative work than with traditional, paper-based claims
- Lower call centre volume, as reimbursement information is processed at the point of sale
- Secure access to specialized TELUS portal with regular registration updates
- Improved quality of information through the standardization of client data
- Greater capacity for analytical and statistical reporting, as well as better auditing capabilities
- Increased claim payment efficiency through daily updates from the provider database
- Dedicated Help Desk assistance to providers from the TELUS Health team, thereby reducing insurer call centre volumes
As the leading service provider to Canadian health insurers for more than a decade, TELUS Health has set the standard for eClaims with the only multi-insurer platform on the market today.
* All features, functions and related benefits are inherent to the TELUS Health eClaims platform, but may not be supported by all participating insurers.
To learn more, please contact your TELUS account executive.